ERA and AESC Certificate in Executive Research (CER)
ERA & AESC Certificate in Executive Research (CER)
Only available to ERA Members – cost per person $925 USD ( e.g. circa £756)
Please click link below for dates and times in your time zone
View the November 2023 to July 2024 schedule here
This program is open to all individuals who work in the field of executive research. We strongly encourage those looking to develop core executive research skills pursue this program.
Collaborative discussions are an important component of this program. To ensure the quality of each session, applicants must commit to active participation, including participating in role play-based interaction, and meet the minimum requirements:
- Be employed, or have been recently employed, by an executive search firm.
- Responsible for identifying and qualifying, via telephone, executive-level candidates.
- Have at least one month working experience as a researcher, associate, or consultant or in a similar capacity.
WHY PURSUE THE CER?
EARN AN INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED CREDENTIAL
ENHANCE YOUR ABILITY TO SUCCEED
DEVELOP CORE EXECUTIVE RESEARCH SKILLS
- Introduction to Executive Search
- Tools for Executive Researchers
- Effective Search Strategies
- Interviewing and Qualifying Candidates
- Relationship Building and Management
- Due Diligence and Legislative Issues
- Getting Past the Gatekeeper and Pitching Your Search Effectively
- Qualifying Candidates over the Phone and Talking about Compensation
- Maintaining Candidate Interest and Overcoming Objections
The program was revamped and newly relaunched in January 2023 as the Certificate in Executive Research (CER) Program. The program is divided into three parts: Foundation Course, Expert Forum, and Examination please feel free to download the brochure on the CER Page.
Foundation Course – Your Moodle account will be created shortly to access the Foundation Course where you will complete six modules. These modules can be completed at one’s own pace. Depending on how quickly or leisurely you choose to complete the Foundation Course, the completion time widely varies. In one sitting, I would approximate about 4-6 hours.
Expert Forum – The Expert Forums are three interactive webinars that will run for 2 hours each over the course of three days by an industry expert. This is a great opportunity to learn from an experienced search professional and fellow researchers. The dates for the Expert Forums are pre-set. Please note that you should aim to complete the Foundation Course before moving on to the Expert Forum. There will be a new format for 2023 for the Expert Forum series. The sessions will now run for two hours over the course of 3 days (versus four-days of 90 minute sessions)
Examination – For the examination you will be given a case study which involves making two phone calls on the topics of sourcing, pitching, and qualifying. The oral portion will take about 30 minutes, and you will be given 15 minutes each for the three role plays.
In order to enroll in the CER Program, please complete the following steps:
- Refer to this link: https://www.aesc.org/make-payment-aesc
- For Purpose of Payment, fill in CER.
- Or please pay directly provided you are a current ERA Member on the CER page here: https://www.aesc.org/education/researcher-certification#ed-registration )
For any further information or questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org